I WOULD LIKE REVISIT profiles SWITHING

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
      I would like to use my OT2m in two locations, Home a majority of the time, then Mobile slightly...The question I have if I change the profile in the QTH to mobile before I go outside to the mobile then it will lose power. Does the unit default to a profile when powered up?

      Any suggestions on how you would do it, or maybe you are doing this already.

      Thanks for any help

      Rick-kd4dra
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
        On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Rick wrote:

        > I would like to use my OT2m in two locations, Home a majority of the time, then Mobile slightly...The question I have if I change the profile in the QTH to mobile before I go outside to the mobile then it will lose power. Does the unit default to a profile when powered up?
        >
        > Any suggestions on how you would do it, or maybe you are doing this already.

        *) Set it up to auto-switch based on a switch, and add a toggle switch to the case.

        *) Set it up to auto-switch based on speed, like 4mph or higher switches to the mobile profile.

        I have mine switching between a fixed-rate (every 7 minutes) transmit when below 4mph, and to SmartBeaconing (TM) when above that. Note that I also have an auto power gadget between the Jeep and the tracker, so after 15 or 20 minutes the whole things shuts down so I'm not transmitting while parked all day/night. Works well.

        --
        Curt, WE7U. http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
        APRS in Search and Rescue: http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
          The connector on the front has a profile control contact. You could add a plug that would be one profile when it is inserted.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
            You mean,  like have the profile pins shorted and just plug the rj40 or whatever # it is into the jack and there you go

            Rick

            My iPhone

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
              Thanks Curt that sounds like a good setup I been wanting to get an APO unit too.

              Rick

              My iPhone

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
                On the assessory connector, if pin 6 is shorted to pin 2 or 3, then the alternate profile is changed.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
                  My assumption is you will not use a GPS in the house but you will in the vehicle. So for in the house a fixed set of coordinates would be used and for the vehicle, the GPS would supply the location information.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
                    Yes Fred that is correct...Thanks for your Help

                    Rick
                    KD4DRA

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 6, 2011
                      There is a picture of a simple switch in the photos section. An RG-25 Profile 1 or 2, and force beacon switch.

                      Alan

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, kd4dra <kd4dra@...> wrote:

                      > Yes Fred that is correct...Thanks for your Help
                      >

                      > Rick
                      > KD4DRA

                    • Rick
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011