Tracker2 Mic-E

  • Dion
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
      Hi All,
      Just took delivery of my T2-301. Nice product, very happy with it. I notice that it doesnt seem to encode Mic-E, not a real problem as this unit will be used as a portable temp digi primarily. My question is, will it decode and display on a GPS Mic-E positions from a Byonics TT3 mobile?

      Thanks,
      Dion
      VK7DB
    • Dion
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
        I've answered my own question, the T2-301 is displaying my VK7DB-9 Mic-E TT3 on my Garmin Etrex.

        Dion..

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Dion" <vk7ybi@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Just took delivery of my T2-301. Nice product, very happy with it. I notice that it doesnt seem to encode Mic-E, not a real problem as this unit will be used as a portable temp digi primarily. My question is, will it decode and display on a GPS Mic-E positions from a Byonics TT3 mobile?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dion
        > VK7DB

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
          Dion VK7DB wrote...

          > I've answered my own question, the T2-301 is displaying my
          > VK7DB-9 Mic-E TT3 on my Garmin Etrex.

          If you think that the T2-301 isn't decoding other TT3s, take a listen
          to them on a radio. Perhaps their deviation is very high and distorted.
          There is a pot on the TT3 for the transmit audio level. A "ballpark"
          way of adjusting it is for them to turn the level higher, and then start
          turning it down until it sounds quieter, and then turn it down a bit more.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • Dion
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
            My Tracker2 is decoding my TT3 just fine.. I set the TT3 TX audio level with a service monitor to about 3khz deviation peak on the high tone.. Seems to work ok for me.

            Thanks,
            Dion..