Re: [tracker2] Kenwood D710 and GTRANS-KW with Nuvi 350

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      I've run both the OT2m and the GTRANS-KW (on a D700) with a Nuvi350 and
      I only see my own station when my radio hears and decodes a digipeat of
      my own station. It may be that the OT2m is better at catching "My Pos"
      than whatever radio you're feeding the GTRANS-KW with?

      On 9/1/2011 3:25 AM, Ron K7CDL wrote:
      > the got the entire system hooked up. I also have a Tracker2 OT2m system. The OT2m shows my call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon but the GTRANS-KW system doesn't show my own call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon. is this normal? Is there a setting i'm missing?
    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Ron K7CDL
        <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:
        > when I beacon but the GTRANS-KW system doesn't show my own call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon. is this normal?

        I suspect so.

        The GTRANS is translating NMEA waypoints into Garmin waypoints. I've
        never seen my Kenwoods (D7, D700) send a waypoint when it received a
        copy of its own beacon.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv