Kenwood D710 and GTRANS-KW with Nuvi 350

  • Ron K7CDL
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      the got the entire system hooked up. I also have a Tracker2 OT2m system. The OT2m shows my call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon but the GTRANS-KW system doesn't show my own call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon. is this normal? Is there a setting i'm missing?
    • Mike Rees
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        I am using a similar set up. My position icon does not show until it receives my position report from the digi. Then it is behind my displayed current position. When I see it, I know I am in an area with good digi coverage. Worked great on drive from Dayton to Vegas.

        Mike
        KD7CVJ
      • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          I've run both the OT2m and the GTRANS-KW (on a D700) with a Nuvi350 and
          I only see my own station when my radio hears and decodes a digipeat of
          my own station. It may be that the OT2m is better at catching "My Pos"
          than whatever radio you're feeding the GTRANS-KW with?

          On 9/1/2011 3:25 AM, Ron K7CDL wrote:
          > the got the entire system hooked up. I also have a Tracker2 OT2m system. The OT2m shows my call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon but the GTRANS-KW system doesn't show my own call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon. is this normal? Is there a setting i'm missing?
        • Jason KG4WSV
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
            On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Ron K7CDL
            <wyoming_semi_driver@...> wrote:
            > when I beacon but the GTRANS-KW system doesn't show my own call sign on Nuvi 350 when I beacon. is this normal?

            I suspect so.

            The GTRANS is translating NMEA waypoints into Garmin waypoints. I've
            never seen my Kenwoods (D7, D700) send a waypoint when it received a
            copy of its own beacon.

            -Jason
            kg4wsv