Adding in telemetry I/O

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2011
      I just created a new folder in the pictures section of the group. It's
      called OT2 telemetry mods. You can have a bit of a glimpse at the mods
      made to pull an extra voltage sense input, as well as a digital input,
      and counter input out of the OT2. I also have the power control lines
      brought out as well.

      I've got 5 2U 19" rack shelves outfitted with some Motorola radios,
      and OT2 units, plus a couple relays and UK3N binding blocks on a
      Phoenix Contacts DIN rail.

      The relay on the left is powered by the site AC. When AC goes out, the
      OT2 script checking BIT7 triggers an alarm. The relay on the right is
      driven by the output from the MOSFET. I could have just used the
      output from the MOSFET as it can handle up to about 35 amps, but this
      is a little more idiot proof in case some one else is trying to
      connect into the output. I may end up switching multiple contacts with
      this output. Voltages may be coming from different sources as well, so
      a switching relay can just be connected into the supply line.

      The binding blocks in the middle are from left to right, counter
      input, two ground points, and external battery stack input. I will be
      connecting the counter input to a door contact switch so when the door
      is opened, another script will trigger an alarm on that input. I also
      have low voltage monitoring on the battery stack powering the main
      unit. I can't see a way to monitor the second battery stack yet.