Tracker 2 for EMCOM?

  • RadioG3OCR
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2011
      I'm thinking of buying a Tracker 2 for emergency commumications purposes with APRS, with 2 possible applications

      1. To allow "Control" to follow my vehicle location when I'm "sweeping" a walk, run, or cycle event, with a GPS unit connected to the tracker.

      2. To enable me to use APRS messaging software to send short service messages to/from Control when I'm at a fixed check-point, with the tracker as an interface with my mobile radio.

      I have 2 radios that are likely to be use. Primarily a Wouxun UVD-1P, which is a H/H with dual-jack for mike and speaker the same as the Kenwood H/Hs, and a Yaesu FT-857 (if higher TX power is needed due to terrain). Can I use standard cabling for Kenwood and Yaesu to connect laptop or GPS to the tracker?

      Anyone with experience of these configurations?

      Stu
      Controller Southport Group
      RAYNET (UK)
    • G8UVE
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2011
        Stu drop me a PM

        I'll pass you an email address of some one fairly local to you

        Regards

        David G8UVE

        :
[...]
        :