Alinco DR-135T to Tracker2 pinout questions

  • kwbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2011
      Hey Folks,

      I found the thread through a search and I think it is almost exactly what I'm looking, but I'd like to confirm I understand what's posted. I'm using an Alinco DR-135T without the T2-135 so I'm trying to connect it to the Tracker2. Per the instructions below I think I need to use the following pinout for my cable between the DB9 radio port on the radio to the DB9 port labeled radio on the Tracker2:

      DR-135T - Tracker2
      4 1200 audio out to 5 audio in
      5 ground to 6 ground
      7 PTT to 3 (PTT out from the Tracker2)
      9 1200 Audio in to 1 audio out

      Does this look right? I'm able to get the radio to key-up with this configuration, and I can hear what sounds like APRS packet over the radio speaker, but when I monitor the signal on another radio I'm not hearing the APRS packet, actually it just sounds like the microphone is being keyed, but no audio. I've confirmed the radio is in packet mode and is transmitting. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm having a problem with the radio or the Tracker2 or my cable, so any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

      Kevin
      KW4B