Re: [tracker2] Memory locations.

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2011
      On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

      >> This answer has left me a bit perplexed... when you say adding 16 bit
      >> values, are you talking arithmetic addition, or are you talking about
      >> increasing the number of variables available in the scripting engine?
      >
      > I mean increasing the number of variables available.  The script token
      > has an index to a list of pointers to 16-bit integers.

      Ooh, that would be right up my alley... the pointers would be kept in
      sync with memory locations assigned by the compiler, making
      unnecessary to do exploratory brain surgery on the OT2.

      >> I can read the value from memory, or from a variable, and then push it
      >> into counter that is reported in the fourth telemetry position. Having
      >> the ability to configure the telemetry for user selected data would be
      >> even better. I'll never report HDOP from a digipeater, but I do want
      >> to report other values.
      >
      > I really want a printf() type function that'll let you generate
      > formatted output for that sort of thing.  Haven't found a compact way to
      > do it yet.

      That would be good, but just being able to stuff my own values into
      the currently displayed variables would work for me. Add HDOP as a
      variable accessible by the scripts, and I could just set that variable
      manually.

      I havn't tried yet, but I'm assuming that I can shove a value into the
      counter variable, and as long as the hardware doesn't modify it, it
      should stay at that value. With no GPS attached, the HDOP variable
      should not get modified either.

      If the telemetry values were stored in variables, and then you had the
      option of pushing hardware values into the variable, or leave them for
      the user to manipulate, that would be great.

      Something like TEMPREP ON|OFF where if it was on, you would get
      temperature in telemetry position 1. Or maybe TELEM 1/2/3/4/5/6 and a
      list of variables able to be associated to each of the analog values,
      and digital value.

      Telemetry is a powerful tool, but without the ability to send the
      desired telemetry, it is pretty limited. What you have available
      currently is pretty decent, and I am able to get quite a bit of
      functionality squeezed out of it. More is always better! 8)