Re: [tracker2] Re: T2-301 High Altitude Balloon Flight

  • David Fleming
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2011
      I flew the Garmin GPS 18x LVC to 95k. It worked flawlessly all the way. Be sure the firmware is at v2.80 or better. Firmware versions prior to 2.80 would not work above 60k ft. The firmware is easily upgradeable.

      https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4055

      David

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Raab - N4BWR" <bwraab@...> wrote:

      > I am looking forward to receiving my T2-301 and GT-320FW. We are
      > planning another high altitude balloon flight for sometime in October.
      >
      > We had been using the OpenTracker+. It has served us well, even when our
      > first flight landed it in a Louisiana swamp, where it stayed for five
      > days until we could get in to recover it, and our last flight landed in
      > a lake.
      >
      > Quick question for those of you who fly balloons. Which GPS receiver do
      > you use? Will the GT-320FW report over 100,00 feet? I accidentally
      > bought the OT+ bundle, not realizing that the included GPS receiver has
      > a low altitude limit. We had data dropouts on both of our flights,
      > probably because of that.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: