RE: [tracker2] retrofit MAX232 to rev A board

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
      Yeah, you have to figure a lot of people will never remove it, and some prankster's going to see that it's a T2 by the TOCALL field, and could very easily forge a command message on the APRS IS from anywhere in the world.

      It might be possible to encode a unique backdoor password for each unit that'd come printed on a reference card, but that introduces a lot of complexity.

      Hmm, that reminds me.. I need to get some serial number stickers.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
        On Dec 2, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

        > Port B won't give you a command prompt. You should be able to use
        > it for NMEA, though.

        OK. If I'm monitoring would I see traffic, or is it a GPS-only port?

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
          No, the monitor output is part of the console.  You should be able to do NMEA and Peet Bros, and with the next release it'll do KISS, WS 2300, and Garmin.