Re: [tracker2] T2 and Davis Vantage Pro 2

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
      A '0' beacon rate means don't beacon, so that's working as designed.

      The easiest way to troubleshoot is to use the serial splitter cable, put
      the station on port B, and use the WXINFO command to check that it's
      getting data. You can also use SNOOP to watch port B activity, but make
      sure port A is faster than port B. You can use SNOOP HEX to watch
      binary data, but make sure port A is at least twice as fast as port B.

      You might also try running a lower baud rate for the weather station.
      It should handle 19.2k, but I don't remember what speeds I tested it at.

      Scott

      On 8/7/2011 5:58 AM, wrgiffen wrote:
      > I have a Davis serial data logger I'm trying to get working with a T2. I
      > have the T2 setup with port A set to "Davis" and "19,200 baud." The data
      > logger is set to 19,200 baud. The T2's output goes to a Yaesu handheld.
      > If I set the T2 to beacon every few minutes I get good beacon packets,
      > but no weather information. If I set the T2 beacon rate to "0" the T2
      > never transmits anything.
      >
      > Any thoughts on setup issues?
      >
      > Thanks, Bill, WG0W

    • wrgiffen
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2011
        I lowered the serial I/O speed and the weather packets started appearing. Thanks.