Re: [tracker2] Native Linux OTWINCFG Equivalent?

  • Hüseyin ODABAŞ, TA1DF
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 8, 2011
      +1 for Qt4 from TA1DF

      73!

      2011/7/7 Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u@...>

      On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Scott Miller wrote:

      >> If anyone is interested in taking a look at it I can put it up somewhere
      >> for download. It may or may not make a good start for a Qt4 app. The
      >> best scenario would be to get buy-in from Scott early-on that if the app
      >
      > Honestly I'd rather not have the otwincfg app used as anything more than
      > a reference if it's going to be replaced. It's pretty ugly internally
      > and not designed for localization.
      >
      > A replacement could also be simplified if it abandoned backward
      > compatibility with old firmware versions.

      Sounds like you should be part of the testing group, 'cuz if you're not happy with the end result, it won't go anywhere.

      What the project needs first is a leader/organizer, plus at least one primary coder to do the framework and the start of the GUI. The two functions might come packaged as one person.

      I'd jump in as a secondary coder/tester once the project was up and running. I've already played a bit with the Qt4 development environment.
      APRS: Where it's at! http://www.xastir.org

      --
      You know where I am :

      me : http://aprs.fi/?call=TA1DF-7&mt=m&z=11&timerange=3600