Re: [tracker2] Native Linux OTWINCFG Equivalent?

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 7, 2011
      The 32-bit tracker I'm working on (not the OT3m) actually does have a
      web server built in, and it'll be used for configuration.

      Scott

      On 8/7/2011 4:09 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      > And how do you propose to run the standalone HTTP server as a
      > cross-platform program? Reliably?
      >
      > Yeah, the UI might be more complex, but doing a network-stack-oriented
      > program, relying on finding a port that isn't in use on any particular
      > users's machine, and supporting all the various variants of browsers,
      > firewalls, javascript enabled/disabled, and network security programs
      > that don't trust localhost TCP/IP connections, it's still decidedly
      > non-trivial.
      >
      > A command line interfaced with a terminal emulator interface is by far
      > the simplest and most portable, but not necessarily the most user friendly.

      > On 8/7/2011 6:56 PM, Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU wrote:
      >> How about writing it as a standalone HTTP server and then a web ui.
      >> Then the UI will work anywhere and the backend code will be free of UI.
      >> Leigh/WA5ZNU
      >> On 07/05/2011 11:37 AM, Scott Miller wrote:
      >>> I would really, really prefer to only maintain a single version of the
      >>> configuration program - and it should be reliably cross-platform to the
      >>> degree that I don't need to test every little change on 3 or 4 operating
      >>> systems.
      >>>
      >>> Scott

    • Hüseyin ODABAŞ, TA1DF
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 8, 2011
        +1 for Qt4 from TA1DF

        73!

        2011/7/7 Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u@...>

        On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Scott Miller wrote:

        >> If anyone is interested in taking a look at it I can put it up somewhere
        >> for download. It may or may not make a good start for a Qt4 app. The
        >> best scenario would be to get buy-in from Scott early-on that if the app
        >
        > Honestly I'd rather not have the otwincfg app used as anything more than
        > a reference if it's going to be replaced. It's pretty ugly internally
        > and not designed for localization.
        >
        > A replacement could also be simplified if it abandoned backward
        > compatibility with old firmware versions.

        Sounds like you should be part of the testing group, 'cuz if you're not happy with the end result, it won't go anywhere.

        What the project needs first is a leader/organizer, plus at least one primary coder to do the framework and the start of the GUI. The two functions might come packaged as one person.

        I'd jump in as a secondary coder/tester once the project was up and running. I've already played a bit with the Qt4 development environment.
        APRS: Where it's at! http://www.xastir.org

        --
        You know where I am :

        me : http://aprs.fi/?call=TA1DF-7&mt=m&z=11&timerange=3600