Tracker2 message RING command; how to use it?

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2011
      What does the RING command do and how do I use it? Does it output a
      Ctrl-G on one of the ports A or B (which?) when the callsign-ssid
      receives a message? How do I retrieve the message, or should I have
      already looked for messages to callsign-ssid (in which case, what is
      RING for?) Does the Ctrl-G follow the message or precede it?

      I am upgrading the uC in the external piezo motion sensor and the new
      one has multi-tasking and a 2-char hardware serial buffer, so I'd like
      to have it retrieve the message and beep (at least) and possible
      retrieve the message and send it in code. But I'd like to know how to
      retrieve the messages, or whether I need to implement my own routine to
      look for it.

      RING is enticing...

      Leigh/WA5ZNU
    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2011
        Ok, the source says that RING sends a ^G to PORTA if it's in AUTO mode,
        then it prints the message with some decoration with printf, which it
        appears also goes to PORTA.

        Thanks!

        // Handle directed messages
        void message_handler(unsigned char *aprsmsg)
        {
        unsigned char c, *p, access, t, pw[5];

        access = 0;

        // Send bell if enabled
        if (config->options5 & OPT5_RING) console_bell();

        // Display message on console
        printf("\r\nFrom %s: %s\r\n", srccall, aprsmsg);
        console_done();

        Leigh/WA5ZNU