Re: [tracker2] Re: Switching from beacon to digi remotely

  • M & M Neno
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
      Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

      73, Murray, ZL1ARL.

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
        This DIGI will be at 2800 feet 2600 M on solar power and we do not want it diging all the time, only when we have a search or quading in blind areas.

        Mike, VE7MMG

        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
          On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:27 AM, M & M Neno <nenos@...> wrote:

          > Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

          The easiest way is to start up OTWINCFG and connect into the unit. On
          the profile that you want the digipeater to operate, click on the Digi
          Config button, and set up the digipeating as you would like it to
          operate. Go to the other profile, click on Digi Config, and uncheck
          all of the enabled buttons. Save the config to the unit.

          I have not confirmed that the digipeater settings are unique to each
          configuration, but running the program, it appears as such. Rudy says
          that he has done something similar, so I would guess that it works in
          this manner. I have never tried it personally though...

          Again, it's one of those things where trying it and seeing if it works
          is the best way to learn and know for sure!