Re: Switching from beacon to digi remotely

  • Mike Morin
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2011
      It seems that the easiest way to is sending a CMD switching profile when their is a search in those blind spots and switching it off afterwards.

      Thanks for all your ideas,

      Mike
      VE7MMG

      > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Please don't take this thread private, unless you feel you must.
      > > I, for one am following (and taking notes) with interest.
      > > This sounds like something a couple hams in my area want to do.
      >
      > Did you come up with any questions or ideas that you want to implement yet?
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • M & M Neno
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
        Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

        73, Murray, ZL1ARL.

        > It seems that the easiest way to is sending a CMD switching profile when
        > their is a search in those blind spots and switching it off afterwards.
        >
        > Thanks for all your ideas,
        >
        > Mike
        > VE7MMG
        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> > Please don't take this thread private, unless you feel you must.
        >> > I, for one am following (and taking notes) with interest.
        >> > This sounds like something a couple hams in my area want to do.
        >>
        >> Did you come up with any questions or ideas that you want to implement
        >> yet?
        >> --
        >> James
        >> VE6SRV

        > -----
        > No virus found in this message.

      • Mike Morin
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
          This DIGI will be at 2800 feet 2600 M on solar power and we do not want it diging all the time, only when we have a search or quading in blind areas.

          Mike, VE7MMG

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 2, 2011
            On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:27 AM, M & M Neno <nenos@...> wrote:

            > Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

            The easiest way is to start up OTWINCFG and connect into the unit. On
            the profile that you want the digipeater to operate, click on the Digi
            Config button, and set up the digipeating as you would like it to
            operate. Go to the other profile, click on Digi Config, and uncheck
            all of the enabled buttons. Save the config to the unit.

            I have not confirmed that the digipeater settings are unique to each
            configuration, but running the program, it appears as such. Rudy says
            that he has done something similar, so I would guess that it works in
            this manner. I have never tried it personally though...

            Again, it's one of those things where trying it and seeing if it works
            is the best way to learn and know for sure!