Re: [tracker2] Switching from beacon to digi remotely

  • kc8sfq@mei.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1 5:11 AM
      Hi James:
      Our plan is much like the SAR requirement. We'll probably have 3-6 vehicles and/or walkers in an RF poor environment. By that I mean hilly terrain and less than optimum digi coverage. This probably with no high profile digi at all. All we'll likely have is what we bring with us. The other restriction is money. We're working with old equipment (mostly). So far, all we have are two OT1X's two OT2m's and a hand full of HT's. I liked the idea of having an ad-hoc net of the people in the field.

      73 Ron
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++
      > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Please don't take this thread private, unless you feel you must.
      >> I, for one am following (and taking notes) with interest.
      >> This sounds like something a couple hams in my area want to do.
      >
      > Did you come up with any questions or ideas that you want to implement
      > yet?
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • Mike Morin
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 1 7:23 PM
        It seems that the easiest way to is sending a CMD switching profile when their is a search in those blind spots and switching it off afterwards.

        Thanks for all your ideas,

        Mike
        VE7MMG

        > On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Please don't take this thread private, unless you feel you must.
        > > I, for one am following (and taking notes) with interest.
        > > This sounds like something a couple hams in my area want to do.
        >
        > Did you come up with any questions or ideas that you want to implement yet?
        > --
        > James
        > VE6SRV

      • M & M Neno
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 2 1:27 AM
          Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

          73, Murray, ZL1ARL.

          > It seems that the easiest way to is sending a CMD switching profile when
          > their is a search in those blind spots and switching it off afterwards.
          >
          > Thanks for all your ideas,
          >
          > Mike
          > VE7MMG
          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, <kc8sfq@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> > Please don't take this thread private, unless you feel you must.
          >> > I, for one am following (and taking notes) with interest.
          >> > This sounds like something a couple hams in my area want to do.
          >>
          >> Did you come up with any questions or ideas that you want to implement
          >> yet?
          >> --
          >> James
          >> VE6SRV

          > -----
          > No virus found in this message.

        • Mike Morin
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 2 7:59 AM
            This DIGI will be at 2800 feet 2600 M on solar power and we do not want it diging all the time, only when we have a search or quading in blind areas.

            Mike, VE7MMG

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 2 12:20 PM
              On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:27 AM, M & M Neno <nenos@...> wrote:

              > Our digi works regardless of profile, how do you do that ?

              The easiest way is to start up OTWINCFG and connect into the unit. On
              the profile that you want the digipeater to operate, click on the Digi
              Config button, and set up the digipeating as you would like it to
              operate. Go to the other profile, click on Digi Config, and uncheck
              all of the enabled buttons. Save the config to the unit.

              I have not confirmed that the digipeater settings are unique to each
              configuration, but running the program, it appears as such. Rudy says
              that he has done something similar, so I would guess that it works in
              this manner. I have never tried it personally though...

              Again, it's one of those things where trying it and seeing if it works
              is the best way to learn and know for sure!