Re: [tracker2] HF APRS

  • G8UVE
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
      Thanks Lynn

      Useful set of URL's

      Regards

      David G8UVE

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...>
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:00 AM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] HF APRS

      : Not with a Tracker2, but check out WA8LMF's excellent pages at:
      :
      : http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm
      :
      : http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/SSB_Frequencies.htm (skip if you know LSB vs USB
      : and tones)
      :
      : http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm
      :
      : And I've built one of these and it worked really well until I dropped it
      : and now I need to straighten and re-tune it.
      :
      : http://wa8lmf.net/ham/30m-magloop-ant.htm
      :
      : Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      :
      :
      :
      : On 7/25/2011 3:29 PM, verdexj@... wrote:
      : > Anyone use HF APRS?
      : >
      : > I have been running VHF for a while now and want to transition to the HF side
      for when I am outside of the digipeaters.
      : >
      : > The equipment is a FT857D, a tuned 30M hamstick, the OT2, and a Garmin Nuvi
      350.
      : >
      : > I changed the settings on the OT2, to SSID -15 and Baud rate to 300.
      : >
      : > I spent some time on 10.515 LSB, the radio TX, but I did not show up anywhere.
      After a long time, I changed the radio mode to packet and even tried the digital
      mode, on frequency 10.149.2. then I even tried it on 10.147.6 USB.
      : >
      : > I also did not receive any stations. From what I understand, there is some HF
      APRS activity.
      : >
      : > Any ideas on what to check?
      : >