Re: [tracker2] HF APRS

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2011
      Not with a Tracker2, but check out WA8LMF's excellent pages at:

      http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

      http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/SSB_Frequencies.htm (skip if you know LSB vs USB
      and tones)

      http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

      And I've built one of these and it worked really well until I dropped it
      and now I need to straighten and re-tune it.

      http://wa8lmf.net/ham/30m-magloop-ant.htm

      On 7/25/2011 3:29 PM, verdexj@... wrote:
      > Anyone use HF APRS?
      >
      > I have been running VHF for a while now and want to transition to the HF side for when I am outside of the digipeaters.
      >
      > The equipment is a FT857D, a tuned 30M hamstick, the OT2, and a Garmin Nuvi 350.
      >
      > I changed the settings on the OT2, to SSID -15 and Baud rate to 300.
      >
      > I spent some time on 10.515 LSB, the radio TX, but I did not show up anywhere. After a long time, I changed the radio mode to packet and even tried the digital mode, on frequency 10.149.2. then I even tried it on 10.147.6 USB.
      >
      > I also did not receive any stations. From what I understand, there is some HF APRS activity.
      >
      > Any ideas on what to check?
      >
      > Thanks, 73
      >
      > Kent
      > KJ6APX

    • G8UVE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2011
        Thanks Lynn

        Useful set of URL's

        Regards

        David G8UVE

        : Not with a Tracker2, but check out WA8LMF's excellent pages at:
        :
        : http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm
        :
        : http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/SSB_Frequencies.htm (skip if you know LSB vs USB
        : and tones)
        :
        : http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm
        :
        : And I've built one of these and it worked really well until I dropped it
        : and now I need to straighten and re-tune it.
        :
        : http://wa8lmf.net/ham/30m-magloop-ant.htm
        :
        : Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
        :
        :
        :
        : On 7/25/2011 3:29 PM, verdexj@... wrote:
[...]