Tracker with IC-V8 Sport?

  • skyhook
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      I'm about to buy a tracker2 (two of them, possibly), for use in my
      car. I've been looking for the cheapest 2m I can find, and think I've
      found a winner in the $99 IC-V8Sport.

      Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I'm wondering if it
      will be easy to trigger the ptt.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        I've got the T2H sport, no complaints, except maybe that it's kind of large compared to most HTs these days.  Still fits in my hand better than the TH-D7A though.  Never had any trouble with PTT hookup, but some Icoms seem to be really prone to RFI.  I'd suggest installing a ferrite on the speaker/mic cable.

        Scott