RE: [tracker2] XMODEM loader bug

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      Trying to maintain a cross-platform gui has been difficult.  I think it'd be best to start with a library to handle all of the encoding and decoding of the config (maybe to/from XML) and let users build on that.  My goal is to make everything configurable through the command console, so the lack of a gui in Linux won't be as big a deal as it is with the OpenTracker.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        Oh cool, so are you trying to build a menu based system for the console? That would be definite plus. We could have the option of doing it either way at that point......

        Stephen
        N1VLV

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          I thought about doing a menu-based configuration in the device itself, but it doesn't look like there's going to be enough firmware space.  But the command line interface will at least make it easier to write cross-platform configuration programs, since they won't have to use the bootloader interface.  That also means that they won't have to be updated every time time configuration data structure changes.

          Scott