Getting my T2 and Nuvi 350 to work reliably

  • w6dlf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2011
      I have been trying for a week to get my T2-135 and Nuvi 350 to work together reliably. I can program the T2 using otwincfg. When I first connect the Nuvi to the T2 it communicates, tracks, and passes commands to the T2. When the T2 is successfully connected to the Nuvi the green LED on the T2 blinks about once a second. The red and green LEDs flash together when data is received. The connection runs until I send a command like "Interval" or "Beacon" from the Nuvi and then communication between the two ceases and the green LED stops flashing (except when both LEDs flash to show data received). Powering the Nuvi and the T2 in any order will not restart communication. The only way to restart communication is to connect the T2 to the PC and run otwincfg. Then reconnecting the Nuvi to the T2 gets the green LED flashing and communicating with the Nuvi once again.

      Also, when the Nuvi and T2 are working together, disconnecting the Nuvi data line from the A port does not cause the Nuvi to show the loss-of-connection warning on the screen. The warning also does not come on when the T2 is turned off. But when the USB connector is disconnected from the Nuvi the warning comes on. (The loss-of-power warning for the serial connection works when power to the Nuvi is cut, as it should.)

      So I'm not sure where the problem lies. Any thoughts or experience is appreciated.
      Dave
      W6DLF