Profile switching parameters, and changing them remotely.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8 4:21 PM
      I did a boo-boo... I was at a remote site yesterday, and was playing
      with triggering profile switching remotely via the accessory port. I
      enabled changing profile based on whether the the profile select was
      open or closed. I also profile switch on voltage levels too.
      Unfortunately, the voltage has dropped, switching me to profile 2, but
      the jumper is out, which switches me to profile 1... The dummy at the
      keyboard also enabled TX when switching to this profile. Needless to
      say, the site is making a lot of noise.

      I can't see how to change profile switching parameters remotely in the
      manual. I hope there is a way. I'm disabling TX when changing to the
      profile to slow down the noise!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8 4:37 PM
        Yes, you can issue a patch command. Here are the commands I came up
        with for another remote site that had a similar problem:

        PATCH F4380199
        PATCH F4F7018C

        Scott

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8 4:44 PM
          Ugg... patch commands. Do you have a list of the memory locations for
          each of the different parameters?

          What do the patch commands below change? I need to disable the profile
          jumper selection choice in both profiles.

          I've sent TXONCHG OFF to both profiles, which seems to have quieted
          down the site, but it's probably flipping between profiles like crazy,
          and won't send any more packets until the voltage climbs enough to
          stop the profile selection war!

          I should have seen the contention issue when I was playing out there.

          James

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8 4:56 PM
            I don't have a list, but the addresses can be derived from the linker
            map file and the configuration data structure.

            If you have another unit to test with, you can find the locations by
            doing a DUMP CONFIG command, changing something, doing another DUMP
            CONFIG, and finding the change. The PATCH command takes address (4
            digits), length (2 digits), and data (2 or more digits.)

            Scott