XMODEM loader bug

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      Ok, I finally tracked down (more or less) the bug in the XMODEM loader that
      was causing firmware corruption. Turns out it wasn't properly erasing the
      first flash block. Still not sure why - I've been through the logic a dozen
      times and it looks fine. I added a workaround in the form of an extra erase
      call, but the extra 3 instructions it adds are going to bug me.

      So don't use the XMODEM load function for now until I get a new bootloader
      updater posted... I'll try to do that tomorrow.

      Time to get some sleep.

      Scott
    • Stephen Brown Jr

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          Trying to maintain a cross-platform gui has been difficult.  I think it'd be best to start with a library to handle all of the encoding and decoding of the config (maybe to/from XML) and let users build on that.  My goal is to make everything configurable through the command console, so the lack of a gui in Linux won't be as big a deal as it is with the OpenTracker.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
            Oh cool, so are you trying to build a menu based system for the console? That would be definite plus. We could have the option of doing it either way at that point......

            Stephen
            N1VLV

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
              I thought about doing a menu-based configuration in the device itself, but it doesn't look like there's going to be enough firmware space.  But the command line interface will at least make it easier to write cross-platform configuration programs, since they won't have to use the bootloader interface.  That also means that they won't have to be updated every time time configuration data structure changes.

              Scott