send to list...

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2011
      Just a suggestion... when sending to the T2 support list, send to
      tracker2@yahoogroups.com instead of sending to an individual
      and CCing to the list. It will help people that have rules set up
      in their email clients for sorting messages into folders.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2011
        On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

        > Just a suggestion... when sending to the T2 support list, send to
        > tracker2@yahoogroups.com instead of sending to an individual
        > and CCing to the list. It will help people that have rules set up
        > in their email clients for sorting messages into folders.

        Sometimes my e-mail client does one thing, sometimes another, probably based on the headers in the message I'm replying to.

        I set up my procmail filters to look anywhere in the header for mailing list names, therefore bypassing the problem.

        Little known fact but pertinent to Keith's comment: If you put the mailing list address in the "Cc:" header instead of the "To:" header it doesn't trigger one GMail bug: Where they don't drop the message into your INBOX for messages you send to a list. This bug is quite annoying, 'cuz archived threads on my home system aren't complete unless I copy from my "sent-mail" folder into the archive folders to maintain thread consistency. One of the few things I don't like about GMail!

        http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6588

        --
        Curt, WE7U. http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
        APRS Device Capabilities: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_device_capabilities.html