Re: Is ther suppose to be a different config program for tracker 2?

  • kc9gqr
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      --woops my fault R2 is there- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com,
      <scott@...> wrote:

      > Ok, something just occurred to me. Can someone with this problem
      try
      > replacing R2 with a lower value, like 3k? The only difference in
      the serial
      > section of the circuit between the OT1x and T2 is the TXD line.
      For
      > whatever reason, it's open drain on the AP64 chip, so it requires
      a pull-up
      > to 5 volts. If the cable is too long, that might not be enough of
      a signal.
      > I put in 10k there because that's what I used on the SMT
      prototype, probably
      > because I've got a bazillion of them on hand and when I forgot it
      on the
      > original layout, I soldered in whatever was handy. I didn't look
      at that
      > closely when I came up with the new board layout, and 10k does
      sound too
      > high. A perfect example of why this is still a 'beta' project!
      >
      > Scott

    • kc9gqr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        --- I just made a new ccable approx 12" long and still does the same
        thing...

        Bradley

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          Well, if you're in a cable building mood, try this - add a resistor between
          pins 3 and 4 on the tracker side, and make sure JP4 is set to the 5-volt
          position. One of the spare 10k resistors might work, or a lower value.

          Scott

        • kc9gqr
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            you are the man... its working now..... woohoo
            ---