interface ,

  • gervais fillion
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011
      hi all
      i need an interface that could help control my radio site.
      i need to be advised if the door are open and close.
      i need to know the volatage of the batteries,,,

      if i may ask the tolerance of the moderator,can my OT2 doit in any way??
      or any other interface sold on the market???

      i will appreciate any help,
      my digi is already on the air with an KPC3 ,8.2

      thanks all
      gervais ve2ckn

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011
        On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

        > i need an interface that could help control my radio site.

        What do you want to control?

        > i need to be advised if the door are open and close.

        The OT2 can do that.

        > i need to know the volatage of the batteries,,,

        The OT2 can do that.

        > if i may ask the tolerance of the moderator,can my OT2 doit in any way??

        Scott will tell you that the OT2 can do that.

        > or any other interface sold on the market???

        There are probably others out there, but...

        The OT2 can do that.

        > i will appreciate any help,
        > my digi is already on the air with an KPC3 ,8.2

        With some work, even the KPC-3 can tell you if a door is open, and
        tell you the battery voltage, but the OT2 can do that without having
        to build the interfaces... It has them already waiting for you.

        http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/EDSON
        http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/EDMNTN
        http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/SMOKY

      • gervais fillion
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
          well james some emails are beginning too enter here,
          theses messages are helping me,

          like this one

          now i must find someone that is using an OT2 as a DIGI!
          and after ,if i may,have a copy of his setup as a DIGI.
          i would change the specs to fit my need here.

          thanks again
          gervais ve2ckn
          bic,quebec

          To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          From: ve6srv@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 23:53:53 -0600
          Subject: Re: [tracker2] interface ,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
          • 1 KB
          On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

          > now i must find someone that is using an OT2 as a DIGI!

          Shouldn't have to look too far for that, should you?

          aprs.fi/edmonton
          aprs.fi/edson
          aprs.fi/smoky

          > and after ,if i may,have a copy of his setup as a DIGI.

          I think that can be arranged.

          > i would change the specs to fit my need here.

          I have attached a copy of my config file for the latest digipeater
          that I added to our network at Smoky Lake.

          There's not a whole lot to do to make an OT2m digipeat.

          Click on the Digi Config button.

          Set ALIAS to WIDE, HOPS to 3, PREEMPT unchecked, ID checked, and
          ENABLED checked.

          You've got yourself a WIDE3 enabled digipeater.

          To add SSn-N style digipeating:

          Set another ALIAS to PQ, HOPS to 7, PREEMPT unchecked, ID checked, and
          ENABLED checked.

          Be aware that I do a few things to optimize and enhance the operation
          of the digipeater.

          I am using alternating paths (proportional pathing). The path used in
          first profile has no hop requests. Digipeaters already have a 1 hop
          jump of regular users, as a local user to SMOKY would need to use one
          hop request to get just as far as SMOKY can with no hops. The second
          profile asks for a single hop. The OT2m cycles between these two path
          elements as it sends position reports. Alternating paths with
          different hop requests reduces the load on the network by using a
          short hop distance on every second report.

          I'm sending telemetry every 10 minutes to keep track of shack
          temperatures and battery voltage.

          I also have profile switching enabled. I switch to profile 2 when the
          battery voltage drops below 11 volts. I switch back to profile 1 once
          the battery voltage climbs back above 12 volts.

          I also have a script enabled that watches for the unit to be in
          profile 2. When it detects that it is in profile 2, it will send an
          email to my gmail account telling me that the voltage is low. I also
          have an alarm acknowledge script that I can call to reset the trigger
          for sending an email alert.

          I got sidetracked from debugging my alarm acknowledge script, and I
          don't think it's working perfectly yet. I'll have to fiddle with it
          again. I was down to my last OT2m unit when we lost our main
          digipeater site in Edmonton, and I had to put the OT2m into place in a
          hurry.

          I got 5 more OT2m units from Scott now (down to 3 again...), so I can