Labels

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      I'm planning to have a label on the bottom of the enclosure, and another
      stuck inside the lid. The bottom one will show the connector pinouts, power
      polarity, and voltage requirements, plus default baud rates and probably
      software reset instructions.

      The inside label will have descriptions of the jumpers and adjustments, and
      maybe some test points with expected voltages.

      Any other suggestions? What else do you find yourself referencing
      documentation for during normal usage and setup?

      Scott
    • Stephen Brown Jr

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
          Ah, excellent.. I forgot the obvious one that I've been wanting to put on the OT1 forever!

          Oh, the Proto D board doesn't have any pots accessible from the front panel.  There's only the tuning pot, which will be set at assembly.  I'm using 1% resistors so hopefully there won't be much drift and it won't normally require adjustment in the field.  I've added red and green LEDs in the TX and RX holes, which will offload some of the signal functions of the ACT LED and make it a little less complicated.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
            Some clarification on the proto D boards, are these the same boards that will be offered in kit form for the final product or are these for pre-assembled units only? I'm scared of building SMT, I've never done it before lol.

            73's
            Stephen
            N1VLV

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
              Pre-assembled only.  It was turning out to be just too many parts to fit on in through-hole format.  I can fit in more stuff this way, including ferrite chips on all inputs and outputs.  There's also a quad op amp that gives a lot more flexibility on input and output filtering.  I haven't determined exactly what the parameters are going to be for the filters, though - a big portion of the Proto D testing will be determining what works best.  For now, there are two op amps on each the input and output, in a typical multiple feedback configuration.  I'll just add whatever passives I need, or omit/jumper what isn't needed.

              Hard at work on the firmware right now.  Added AMODE and BMODE commands to select port functions:

              AUTO - includes NMEA, Peet Bros, and console mode (port A only)
              KISS
              WS2300 - La Crosse WS 2300 series weather stations
              GARMIN

              You can set both ports to do the same thing, but not all combinations are supported.  You can set both to KISS and it'll accept input from either and send output to both, but you'll get a buffer collision if you transmit with both ports at once.

              Also added HBAUD command.  Affects TX only, options are 1200 and 300.  PSK31 will be added eventually, but needs more code changes since it's not AX.25.

              La Crosse weather station support works.  I'm running a WS 2310 here.

              Scott

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
                mobile path:WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

                <grin>