Nuvi 1490

  • ve1cfy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2011
      My Nuvi 680 is starting to have senior moments when it forget where maps are etc. I have been looking for a suitable replacement for it.
      The Nuvi 1490 has the features I would like for myself. From old postings it appears it does not display way points well. Will it send position data to the T2 for beaconing? And will it do messaging? Thanks for any help.

      Eric
      VE1JW-9
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2011
        On 6/24/2011 8:12 AM, ve1cfy wrote:
        > postings it appears it does not display way points well. Will it send
        > position data to the T2 for beaconing? And will it do messaging? Thanks
        > for any help.

        Yes and yes, but it won't display waypoints consistently. Not yet,
        anyway. They sometimes show up at some zoom levels, sometimes at others.

        Scott
      • Eric Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2011
          Thanks for the reply Scott. I will be picking one up likely in the next
          little while. I believe the cable was out of stock on your site. I will
          check
          occasionally to see when they are back in stock.

          Eric Smith
          VE1JW