RE: [tracker2] TEMP7-7 DIGI

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
      It sounds like if TEMP is a default, then it will do this automatically
      without setting up an alias. I think I saw 5 as the hop limit.

      Best regards,
      Fred

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
        The Kenwoods and Kantronics units can not do preemptive digipeating.
        You will have to be near your preemptive TEMPn-N digipeater for you to
        get preemptive digipeats from your unit.

        However, what will happen is main digipeaters and fill-in digipeaters
        will grab your first hop request, and act upon it, then the main
        digipeaters will act upon the WIDE2-1, and finally any Kenwood mobile
        in range of those digipeaters, as well as any other digipeater
        configured for TEMPn-N will act upon the TEMP1-1 on the end.

        For your configuration, it would be better to use a unique alias for
        preemption that won't trigger the regular TEMPn-N digipeaters as the
        last hop.

      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
          Light up all the Kenwood's! What fun!
          How to win friends in one easy step!

          A unique alias is good!

          If a Kenwood is in use, then the portable must be using TEMPn-N as the first
          path or only path. I'll go back and re-read the Bob Docs again now that I
          have a slightly better understanding.

          Thanks James!

          Best regards,
          Fred, N7FMH