RE: [tracker2] Is ther suppose to be a different config program for tracker 2?

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      Ok, something just occurred to me. Can someone with this problem try
      replacing R2 with a lower value, like 3k? The only difference in the serial
      section of the circuit between the OT1x and T2 is the TXD line. For
      whatever reason, it's open drain on the AP64 chip, so it requires a pull-up
      to 5 volts. If the cable is too long, that might not be enough of a signal.
      I put in 10k there because that's what I used on the SMT prototype, probably
      because I've got a bazillion of them on hand and when I forgot it on the
      original layout, I soldered in whatever was handy. I didn't look at that
      closely when I came up with the new board layout, and 10k does sound too
      high. A perfect example of why this is still a 'beta' project!

      Scott

    • kc9gqr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        --woops my fault R2 is there- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com,
        <scott@...> wrote:

        > Ok, something just occurred to me. Can someone with this problem
        try
        > replacing R2 with a lower value, like 3k? The only difference in
        the serial
        > section of the circuit between the OT1x and T2 is the TXD line.
        For
        > whatever reason, it's open drain on the AP64 chip, so it requires
        a pull-up
        > to 5 volts. If the cable is too long, that might not be enough of
        a signal.
        > I put in 10k there because that's what I used on the SMT
        prototype, probably
        > because I've got a bazillion of them on hand and when I forgot it
        on the
        > original layout, I soldered in whatever was handy. I didn't look
        at that
        > closely when I came up with the new board layout, and 10k does
        sound too
        > high. A perfect example of why this is still a 'beta' project!
        >
        > Scott

      • kc9gqr
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          --- I just made a new ccable approx 12" long and still does the same
          thing...

          Bradley

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            Well, if you're in a cable building mood, try this - add a resistor between
            pins 3 and 4 on the tracker side, and make sure JP4 is set to the 5-volt
            position. One of the spare 10k resistors might work, or a lower value.

            Scott

          • kc9gqr
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
              you are the man... its working now..... woohoo
              ---