Re: Multiple DS18S20 Temperature Sensors

  • h_r_72
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2011
      Hello Bruce:

      I guess you could adapt the cable to the mon08 port to send temperature data. You can check these links.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry

      Regards

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2011
        On 6/8/2011 9:07 AM, Bruce W. Martin wrote:
        > I have a T2-301 and have a cable that includes a DS18S20 Temperature
        > Sensor. Can I add a second DS18S20 Temperature Sensor so that during our
        > balloon flights I can measure and have reported both the inside the
        > package temperature and the outside temperature? If so, how would that
        > show up in the APRS transmission?

        Not yet, you can't. I'm trying to talk Hessu into a new format for
        variable-length telemetry on aprs.fi. If he chooses to implement it,
        I'll add support that way.

        I'm working on a custom solution for one customer that needs over 200
        DS18S20 sensors, so I'll certainly have the code written to handle the
        polling. Figuring out which sensor is which is still a pain, though.