Multiple DS18S20 Temperature Sensors

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8 9:07 AM
      I have a T2-301 and have a cable that includes a DS18S20 Temperature Sensor. Can I add a second DS18S20 Temperature Sensor so that during our balloon flights I can measure and have reported both the inside the package temperature and the outside temperature? If so, how would that show up in the APRS transmission?

      Bruce

      --
      Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      Tennessee Balloon Group, NT4BG
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8 10:05 AM
        Hello Bruce:

        I guess you could adapt the cable to the mon08 port to send temperature data. You can check these links.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry

        Regards

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10 7:17 PM
          On 6/8/2011 9:07 AM, Bruce W. Martin wrote:
          > I have a T2-301 and have a cable that includes a DS18S20 Temperature
          > Sensor. Can I add a second DS18S20 Temperature Sensor so that during our
          > balloon flights I can measure and have reported both the inside the
          > package temperature and the outside temperature? If so, how would that
          > show up in the APRS transmission?

          Not yet, you can't. I'm trying to talk Hessu into a new format for
          variable-length telemetry on aprs.fi. If he chooses to implement it,
          I'll add support that way.

          I'm working on a custom solution for one customer that needs over 200
          DS18S20 sensors, so I'll certainly have the code written to handle the
          polling. Figuring out which sensor is which is still a pain, though.