Re: [tracker2] att- Scott. T2-301 with LEDs connected to D4 pads on PCB not functioning as expected.

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 7, 2011
      I'll do that and see what happens, it maybe a couple of weeks though.
      I've wired my external green Rx LED to the Rx LED on the main board of the transceiver for now.
      This is ok with the radio in use at the moment as a WIDE1 digi.

      Mike

    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
        Greetings,

        I have been reading through WB4APRs pages regarding using the Kenwood D7x0s
        as a TEMP7-7 digi all the time.
        For one example: http://www.aprs.org/TEMPn-N.html

        I don't have a Kenwood but I would like this functionality.
        Is it possible to do this with the Tracker2?

        My understanding of the WIKI is this will work.
        WIKI Link: http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Digipeater_Setup#Preemption

        This is what I am thinking I need to do:

        In OTWINCFG:
        click on "Digi Config"
        enter TEMP into an "Alias" field
        enter 7 for "Hops", check "Preempt", "ID" and "Enabled"
        check "Digipeat on my call"

        Using terminal software, I would use:
        ALIAS 1 TEMP
        HOPLIMIT 1 7
        PREEMPT 1 on
        USEALIAS 1 on
        DIGIID 1 on
        [used 1 for n since I have no other ALIASes entered as this is a tracker]

        Any one care to comment?

        In lieu of a comment I will try it anyway. I just hope to save time if
        someone knows this will not work.

        Thanks!

        Best regards,
        Fred, N7FMH
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
          I don't remember what the hoplimit is set to, but TEMP should be enabled
          on the T2 by default.

          Scott

          On 6/8/2011 10:51 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
          > Greetings,
          >

          > I have been reading through WB4APRs pages regarding using the Kenwood D7x0s
          > as a TEMP7-7 digi all the time.
          > For one example: http://www.aprs.org/TEMPn-N.html
          >
          > I don't have a Kenwood but I would like this functionality.
          > Is it possible to do this with the Tracker2?
          >
          > My understanding of the WIKI is this will work.
          > WIKI Link: http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Digipeater_Setup#Preemption
          >
          > This is what I am thinking I need to do:
          >
          > In OTWINCFG:
          > click on "Digi Config"
          > enter TEMP into an "Alias" field
          > enter 7 for "Hops", check "Preempt", "ID" and "Enabled"
          > check "Digipeat on my call"
          >
          > Using terminal software, I would use:
          > ALIAS 1 TEMP
          > HOPLIMIT 1 7
          > PREEMPT 1 on
          > USEALIAS 1 on
          > DIGIID 1 on
          > [used 1 for n since I have no other ALIASes entered as this is a tracker]
          >
          > Any one care to comment?
          >
          > In lieu of a comment I will try it anyway. I just hope to save time if
          > someone knows this will not work.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >

          > Best regards,
          > Fred, N7FMH

        • Fred Hillhouse
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
            It sounds like if TEMP is a default, then it will do this automatically
            without setting up an alias. I think I saw 5 as the hop limit.

            Best regards,
            Fred

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
              That should work. Preemption is not required, but it can stay on.

              With Preemption on, the OT2 will look for TEMPn-N in any unused path
              element in the packet, and jump to there marking the previous path
              elements as used up.

              On 6/8/11, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:
              > Greetings,
              >

              > I have been reading through WB4APRs pages regarding using the Kenwood D7x0s
              > as a TEMP7-7 digi all the time.
              > For one example: http://www.aprs.org/TEMPn-N.html
              >
              > I don't have a Kenwood but I would like this functionality.
              > Is it possible to do this with the Tracker2?
              >
              > My understanding of the WIKI is this will work.
              > WIKI Link: http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Digipeater_Setup#Preemption
              >
              > This is what I am thinking I need to do:
              >
              > In OTWINCFG:
              > click on "Digi Config"
              > enter TEMP into an "Alias" field
              > enter 7 for "Hops", check "Preempt", "ID" and "Enabled"
              > check "Digipeat on my call"
              >
              > Using terminal software, I would use:
              > ALIAS 1 TEMP
              > HOPLIMIT 1 7
              > PREEMPT 1 on
              > USEALIAS 1 on
              > DIGIID 1 on
              > [used 1 for n since I have no other ALIASes entered as this is a tracker]
              >

              > Any one care to comment?
              >
              > In lieu of a comment I will try it anyway. I just hope to save time if
              > someone knows this will not work.
              >
              > Thanks!
              >

              > Best regards,
              > Fred, N7FMH

            • Fred Hillhouse
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
                The portable PATH I would like to use is: WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1, TEMPn-N. With TEMPn-N in the first position, a normal W1/W2 digipeater would not do anything. In the second path, at least one hop is completed.

                Currently, I am changing a TEMP1-1,WIDE2-1 to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 with DigiXform in APRSIS32 and sending TEMP1-1,WIDE2-1 from the portable. The portable [TILT(APRSISCE)/T2-301] is sitting on the seat next to me and can't reach or hear anything but the mobile unit.

                The OT2 mobile unit which is normally a tracker, could be a TEMPn-N digipeater if it is enabled. I don' t know how the Kenwoods handle this but it sounds close.

                Thanks!

                Best regards,
                Fred, N7FMH

                That should work. Preemption is not required, but it can stay on.

                With Preemption on, the OT2 will look for TEMPn-N in any unused path
                element in the packet, and jump to there marking the previous path
                elements as used up.

                On 6/8/11, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

                > Greetings,
                >

                > I have been reading through
                WB4APRs pages regarding using the Kenwood D7x0s
                > as a TEMP7-7 digi all
                the time.
                href="http://www.aprs.org/TEMPn-N.html">http://www.aprs.org/TEMPn-N.html

                I don't have a Kenwood but I would like this functionality.
                > Is it
                possible to do this with the Tracker2?

                > My understanding of the
                WIKI is this will work.
                href="http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Digipeater_Setup#Preemption">http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Digipeater_Setup#Preemption

                This is what I am thinking I need to do:

                > In OTWINCFG:

                click on "Digi Config"
                > enter TEMP into an "Alias" field
                > enter 7
                for "Hops", check "Preempt", "ID" and "Enabled"
                > check "Digipeat on my
                call"

                > Using terminal software, I would use:
                > ALIAS 1
                TEMP
                > HOPLIMIT 1 7
                > PREEMPT 1 on
                > USEALIAS 1 on

                DIGIID 1 on
                > [used 1 for n since I have no other ALIASes entered as this
                is a tracker]

                > Any one care to comment?

                In lieu of a comment I will try it anyway. I just hope to save time if

                someone knows this will not work.

                Thanks!

                > Best regards,
                > Fred,
                N7FMH

                ------------------------------------

                > Yahoo! Groups
                Links

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
                  The Kenwoods and Kantronics units can not do preemptive digipeating.
                  You will have to be near your preemptive TEMPn-N digipeater for you to
                  get preemptive digipeats from your unit.

                  However, what will happen is main digipeaters and fill-in digipeaters
                  will grab your first hop request, and act upon it, then the main
                  digipeaters will act upon the WIDE2-1, and finally any Kenwood mobile
                  in range of those digipeaters, as well as any other digipeater
                  configured for TEMPn-N will act upon the TEMP1-1 on the end.

                  For your configuration, it would be better to use a unique alias for
                  preemption that won't trigger the regular TEMPn-N digipeaters as the
                  last hop.

                • Fred Hillhouse
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 8, 2011
                    Light up all the Kenwood's! What fun!
                    How to win friends in one easy step!

                    A unique alias is good!

                    If a Kenwood is in use, then the portable must be using TEMPn-N as the first
                    path or only path. I'll go back and re-read the Bob Docs again now that I
                    have a slightly better understanding.

                    Thanks James!

                    Best regards,
                    Fred, N7FMH