Re: DR-135/T2-135 receive problem.

  • N5UDK
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krahn <thomas@...> wrote:

      > Dear Tim,
      >
      > This sounds more like a radio problem. Audio shouldn't be distorted when
      > entering any kind of TNC.
      > You may simply try your computer and soundcard to try to demodulate some
      > audio from your radio.
      > This would eliminate the T2 from being the culprit (or maybe not)
      >
      > You can install soundmodem on your Linux PC and use soundmodemconfig to
      > debug the audio settings.
      >
      > Thomas
      > KT5TK
      >

      > On 06/05/2011 09:58 PM, N5UDK wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm having receive problem with a new Alinco DR-135 and new T2-135.
      > > Radio is in data mode, narrow mode and am using new cable and usb
      > > serial adapter from Argent Data. I'm not sure if I have a radio
      > > problem or TNC problem. Can anyone help me with this?
      > >
      > > According to an oscilloscope, the radio is receiving data but appears
      > > to be distorted audio coming into the TNC. Xastir will not receive
      > > APRS data over the air via the TNC. However, using the config software
      > > we are able to read the data and then write the data. Xastir can
      > > transmit and verified by another station on site.
      > >
      > > The audio coming into Connector CN2 pin 3 is very distorted with what
      > > appears to be a combination of clipping and phase shift.
      > >
      > > Green LED on T2-135 only lights when writting data. TX works OK.
      > >
      > > Tim, N5UDK

      I've ordered another DR-135 radio and should know the answer in a couple of days.
    • rondall swart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
        I don’t know anything but could it be the tnc cable? just wondering
        K7CDL
        Ron

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 9, 2011
          OK, this is what we found.
          Installed T2 into another new DR-135 and let run overnight and still won't receive.
          Configured a new T2 using the same .cfg file as before and installed into the original DR-135 and immediately started recieving and gating traffic.

          Looks like I have a bad T2 board.

          Scott, what do I need to do to get it replaced?

          Thanks,
          Tim, N5UDK

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 10, 2011
            Email me off-list with your order number and I'll get you an RMA.

            Thanks,

            Scott