Re: [tracker2] DR-135/T2-135 receive problem.

  • Thomas Krahn
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
      Dear Tim,

      This sounds more like a radio problem. Audio shouldn't be distorted when
      entering any kind of TNC.
      You may simply try your computer and soundcard to try to demodulate some
      audio from your radio.
      This would eliminate the T2 from being the culprit (or maybe not)

      You can install soundmodem on your Linux PC and use soundmodemconfig to
      debug the audio settings.

      Thomas
      KT5TK

      On 06/05/2011 09:58 PM, N5UDK wrote:

      > I'm having receive problem with a new Alinco DR-135 and new T2-135.
      > Radio is in data mode, narrow mode and am using new cable and usb
      > serial adapter from Argent Data. I'm not sure if I have a radio
      > problem or TNC problem. Can anyone help me with this?
      >
      > According to an oscilloscope, the radio is receiving data but appears
      > to be distorted audio coming into the TNC. Xastir will not receive
      > APRS data over the air via the TNC. However, using the config software
      > we are able to read the data and then write the data. Xastir can
      > transmit and verified by another station on site.
      >
      > The audio coming into Connector CN2 pin 3 is very distorted with what
      > appears to be a combination of clipping and phase shift.
      >
      > Green LED on T2-135 only lights when writting data. TX works OK.
      >
      > Tim, N5UDK

    • N5UDK
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krahn <thomas@...> wrote:

        > Dear Tim,
        >
        > This sounds more like a radio problem. Audio shouldn't be distorted when
        > entering any kind of TNC.
        > You may simply try your computer and soundcard to try to demodulate some
        > audio from your radio.
        > This would eliminate the T2 from being the culprit (or maybe not)
        >
        > You can install soundmodem on your Linux PC and use soundmodemconfig to
        > debug the audio settings.
        >
        > Thomas
        > KT5TK
        >

        > On 06/05/2011 09:58 PM, N5UDK wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm having receive problem with a new Alinco DR-135 and new T2-135.
        > > Radio is in data mode, narrow mode and am using new cable and usb
        > > serial adapter from Argent Data. I'm not sure if I have a radio
        > > problem or TNC problem. Can anyone help me with this?
        > >
        > > According to an oscilloscope, the radio is receiving data but appears
        > > to be distorted audio coming into the TNC. Xastir will not receive
        > > APRS data over the air via the TNC. However, using the config software
        > > we are able to read the data and then write the data. Xastir can
        > > transmit and verified by another station on site.
        > >
        > > The audio coming into Connector CN2 pin 3 is very distorted with what
        > > appears to be a combination of clipping and phase shift.
        > >
        > > Green LED on T2-135 only lights when writting data. TX works OK.
        > >
        > > Tim, N5UDK

        I've ordered another DR-135 radio and should know the answer in a couple of days.
      • rondall swart
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
          I don’t know anything but could it be the tnc cable? just wondering
          K7CDL
          Ron

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 9, 2011
            OK, this is what we found.
            Installed T2 into another new DR-135 and let run overnight and still won't receive.
            Configured a new T2 using the same .cfg file as before and installed into the original DR-135 and immediately started recieving and gating traffic.

            Looks like I have a bad T2 board.

            Scott, what do I need to do to get it replaced?

            Thanks,
            Tim, N5UDK

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 10, 2011
              Email me off-list with your order number and I'll get you an RMA.

              Thanks,

              Scott