Re: [tracker2] Re: Problems interfacing T2-301 to AVMap Geosat 6

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5 4:21 PM
      Interesting. I'm not aware of a protocol change. I'll have to see if
      they gave me any information on that.

      Scott

    • la4gy@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2011

        > Interesting. I'm not aware of a protocol change. I'll have to see if
        > they gave me any information on that.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 6/4/2011 11:53 AM, la4gy@... wrote:
        > > Thanks for looking into this, Scott!
        > > Did some more testing here this weekend.
        > > Tried to hook up my AVMap G5 to the T2-301 (Never tried that before).
        > > Now everything was working as expected, correct symbols on the GPS!
        > > Next, I hooked up both the G5 and the G6, with a split cable.
        > > With PROPWPT off, both GPS'es showed the "NMEA symbols".
        > > With PROPWPT on, the G5 showed correct symbols, the G6 NOTHING!
        > > Hope anyone can confirm this, seems like a change in protocol?
        > > Also tried setting APRS timeout to none, without any change.
        > >
        > > LA4GY/Villy

        > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Looks OK to me. I just got a G6 demo unit at Dayton and will be doing
        > > > some compatibility testing soon.
        > > >
        > > > Scott

        Hello Group!
        I am waking this thread again, hope you don't mind....
        After some more experiments, I found that the AVMap G6 demands a timestamp on all packets, and the G5 does not.
        After editing my packets, adding a valid time and date stamp, they seem to be accepted and plotted to my G6 map.
        So the question must be directed to Scott: Can You add time- and date- stamps to the packets in "PROPWPT on" mode? (Not as now: 00000 ZERO).
        This seems to be the only solution to work the OT2 with the G6.
        (With the correct symbols on the map).

        Regards, LA4GY / Villy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
          > Hello Group!
          > I am waking this thread again, hope you don't mind....
          > After some more experiments, I found that the AVMap G6 demands a
          > timestamp on all packets, and the G5 does not.
          > After editing my packets, adding a valid time and date stamp, they seem
          > to be accepted and plotted to my G6 map.
          > So the question must be directed to Scott: Can You add time- and date-
          > stamps to the packets in "PROPWPT on" mode? (Not as now: 00000 ZERO).
          > This seems to be the only solution to work the OT2 with the G6.
          > (With the correct symbols on the map).

          Sorry for the late response - do you know the correct timestamp format?
          I don't have a lot of valid sample data handy to work with.