Re: [tracker2] aprs.fi

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 6:50 PM
      On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Robert Lane <kb8zxe@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the info.  When I am up at my digi next time I will change
      > the path to WIDE2-2 and see if that helps anything.

      I'm a big fan of "proportional pathing" as it has become known as now.
      What I would do, is to enable alternating digipaths, and have one path
      set to WIDE2-1, and the other set to a WIDE2-2 path. The WIDE2-1 still
      would not register any "heard first" credits, but the WIDE2-2 would
      gather these credits, and allow aprs.fi to populate it's heard list.

      I really would like to be able to alternate between more outgoing
      paths, but we only have 2 available on the OT2m.

      As a matter of fact, you can see that happening on the local
      digipeater that I have running on an OT2m.

      http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=EDMNTN

      Of course, if you look at the heard by list, I usually only get heard
      by i-gates.

      http://aprs.fi/info/EDMNTN

      That's because only the first copy of the packet gets pushed to the
      APRS-IS, and there are a plethora of i-gates nearby.

      You won't see the rest of the digipeaters that can hear EDMNTN in the
      list, nor all of the home stations or mobiles that can hear it. The
      heard by list, and well as stations heard list are only a small
      portion of the packets and stations heard by any one station.