Re: [tracker2] Re: telemetry input on T2 for Geiger counter?

    Message 1 of 12 , May 28, 2011
      On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM, h_r_72 <rosendeh@...> wrote:

      > I'm interested in telemetry too. It would be great to build a very very
      > simple external sensor that could allow us to learn telemetry 101 with the Ot2m.

      You don't have to build anything... vary the input voltage to the
      OT2m, or blow a hair dryer on the OT2m to watch telemetry values
      change.

      T#sss,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,xxxxxxxx

      aaa is temperature, and bbb is input voltage, as per the information
      found at http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry

      If you do want to build a simple external circuit, you could build a
      voltage divider and feed that into pin 10 (PTA0/ADC0) on the MON08
      header on the circuit board. Use pin 15 as your 5 volt source, and pin
      2 as your ground. Use a fixed resistor, and a variable pot to build
      the voltage divider. You can fiddle with the pot to vary your
      telemetry value.

      It's fairly simple stuff. If you really want to have more user
      telemetry inputs, you can modify the existing circuitry and hijack the
      onboard temperature and voltage inputs for use with your own sensors.

      Peter, if your lightning detector can put out a pulse to ground on
      each strike, connect it to pin6 on the accessory port, and you're good
      to go.

      James
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 12 , May 28, 2011
        Hello James,

        I think this circuit will work.

        http://www.techlib.com/electronics/lightning.html

        or ???

        73 de Peter OE7SPI

        Message 3 of 12 , May 28, 2011
          On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Peter <oe7spi@...> wrote:

          > I think this circuit will work.
          >
          > http://www.techlib.com/electronics/lightning.html

          I would think so... the pulse line is pulled to ground when a strike
          is detected. You can probably even feed the circuit using the 5 volts
          available on the MON08 header.

        • h_r_72
          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2011
            Hi James.

            Thank you for your explanation. I'll try the examples you gave.
            Now I have a better understanding of the mon08 port.

            Regards

            > On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM, h_r_72 <rosendeh@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I'm interested in telemetry too. It would be great to build a very very
            > > simple external sensor that could allow us to learn telemetry 101 with the Ot2m.
            >
            > You don't have to build anything... vary the input voltage to the
            > OT2m, or blow a hair dryer on the OT2m to watch telemetry values
            > change.
            >
            > T#sss,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,xxxxxxxx
            >
            > aaa is temperature, and bbb is input voltage, as per the information
            > found at http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry
            >
            > If you do want to build a simple external circuit, you could build a
            > voltage divider and feed that into pin 10 (PTA0/ADC0) on the MON08
            > header on the circuit board. Use pin 15 as your 5 volt source, and pin
            > 2 as your ground. Use a fixed resistor, and a variable pot to build
            > the voltage divider. You can fiddle with the pot to vary your
            > telemetry value.
            >
            > It's fairly simple stuff. If you really want to have more user
            > telemetry inputs, you can modify the existing circuitry and hijack the
            > onboard temperature and voltage inputs for use with your own sensors.
            >
            > Peter, if your lightning detector can put out a pulse to ground on
            > each strike, connect it to pin6 on the accessory port, and you're good
            > to go.
            >
            > James

          • Chuck Kimball
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 24, 2015
              I need to change the frequency of the telemetry packets sent.

              On the OT Configuration screen as Telemetry every __

              I'm unable to find a command listing so that I could change that remotely.

              Is there a command I can send so I can avoid a trip to the site?

              Thanks
              Chuck n0nhj
              Glenwood Springs, CO
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 24, 2015
                The command is TELEMETRY <n> where <n> is the interval.

                Scott

                On 7/24/2015 3:24 PM, Chuck Kimball n0nhj@... [tracker2] wrote:
                > I need to change the frequency of the telemetry packets sent.
                >
                > On the OT Configuration screen as Telemetry every __
                >
                > I'm unable to find a command listing so that I could change that remotely.
                >
                > Is there a command I can send so I can avoid a trip to the site?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Chuck n0nhj
                > Glenwood Springs, CO

                > Yahoo Groups Links

              • Chuck Kimball
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 20, 2015
                  I'm trying to update the firmware on an older T3-301.

                  When I try it to use the internet I get a choice of Tracker 3 build
                  56746 7-3-2013, but when I select that and continue with the load
                  button I get an error: Invalid address 8000 (valid range 0000 to 8000).

                  The only downloadable copy of the firmware I can find is 56398 which is
                  actually older than the version that was in the unit.
                  <https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html#support>
                  The older version does download and using load from file is successful.

                  Is the 56746 available to down from somewhere?

                  Thanks
                  Chuck n0nhj
                  Glenwood Springs, CO
                • Marcel S
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 20, 2015
                    -Marcel AI6MS

                    On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Chuck Kimball n0nhj@... [tracker2] <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                    I'm trying to update the firmware on an older T3-301.

                    When I try it to use the internet I get a choice of Tracker 3 build
                    56746  7-3-2013, but when I select that and continue with the load
                    button I get an error: Invalid address 8000 (valid range 0000 to 8000).

                    The only downloadable copy of the firmware I can find is 56398 which is
                    actually older than the version that was in the unit.
                    <https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html#support>
                    The older version does download and using load from file is successful.

                    Is the 56746 available to down from somewhere?

                    Thanks
                    Chuck  n0nhj
                    Glenwood Springs, CO

                    <*> Your email settings: