Problems interfacing T2-301 to AVMap Geosat 6

  • la4gy@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2011
      Hello Group!
      I have a problem with waypoints from the T2 to the G6. NMEA is working just fine, with basic symbols on the map. Setting the command PROPWPT on, I expected the full symbols on the screen, but nothing shows up.
      (The waypoints are not plotted or received in the APRS folder).
      Monitoring the traffic on the serial port(A), I see the following:
      PROPWPT off:
      LA4GY-7>VVQQ56,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:`(9!l w[/>Op Villy=
      $GPWPL,6611.56,N,01229.05,E,LA4GY-7*78
      $PGRMW,LA4GY-7,0,00AF,Op Villy= (96%)*3A
      PROPWPT on:
      LA4GY-7>VVQQ56,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:`(9!l#J[/>Op Villy=
      $PKWDWPL,000000,V,6611.56,N,01229.05,E,0,0,000000,0,LA4GY-7,/[*59
      $GPWGT,V,6611.56,N,01229.05,E,0,180,10, LA4GY-7.,00011B,01,00,0F,081012,000000*28
      $PMGNWPL,6611.56,N,01229.05,E,0,F,LA4GY-7,Op Villy= (95%),t*15
      Does this look right? Any more settings need to be changed?

      Regards, LA4GY/Villy
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30, 2011
        Looks OK to me. I just got a G6 demo unit at Dayton and will be doing
        some compatibility testing soon.

        Scott

      • la4gy@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
          Thanks for looking into this, Scott!
          Did some more testing here this weekend.
          Tried to hook up my AVMap G5 to the T2-301 (Never tried that before).
          Now everything was working as expected, correct symbols on the GPS!
          Next, I hooked up both the G5 and the G6, with a split cable.
          With PROPWPT off, both GPS'es showed the "NMEA symbols".
          With PROPWPT on, the G5 showed correct symbols, the G6 NOTHING!
          Hope anyone can confirm this, seems like a change in protocol?
          Also tried setting APRS timeout to none, without any change.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2011
            Interesting. I'm not aware of a protocol change. I'll have to see if
            they gave me any information on that.

            Scott

          • la4gy@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2011

              > Interesting. I'm not aware of a protocol change. I'll have to see if
              > they gave me any information on that.
              >
              > Scott
              >
              > On 6/4/2011 11:53 AM, la4gy@... wrote:
              > > Thanks for looking into this, Scott!
              > > Did some more testing here this weekend.
              > > Tried to hook up my AVMap G5 to the T2-301 (Never tried that before).
              > > Now everything was working as expected, correct symbols on the GPS!
              > > Next, I hooked up both the G5 and the G6, with a split cable.
              > > With PROPWPT off, both GPS'es showed the "NMEA symbols".
              > > With PROPWPT on, the G5 showed correct symbols, the G6 NOTHING!
              > > Hope anyone can confirm this, seems like a change in protocol?
              > > Also tried setting APRS timeout to none, without any change.
              > >
              > > LA4GY/Villy

              > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Looks OK to me. I just got a G6 demo unit at Dayton and will be doing
              > > > some compatibility testing soon.
              > > >
              > > > Scott

              Hello Group!
              I am waking this thread again, hope you don't mind....
              After some more experiments, I found that the AVMap G6 demands a timestamp on all packets, and the G5 does not.
              After editing my packets, adding a valid time and date stamp, they seem to be accepted and plotted to my G6 map.
              So the question must be directed to Scott: Can You add time- and date- stamps to the packets in "PROPWPT on" mode? (Not as now: 00000 ZERO).
              This seems to be the only solution to work the OT2 with the G6.
              (With the correct symbols on the map).

              Regards, LA4GY / Villy
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 22, 2011
                > Hello Group!
                > I am waking this thread again, hope you don't mind....
                > After some more experiments, I found that the AVMap G6 demands a
                > timestamp on all packets, and the G5 does not.
                > After editing my packets, adding a valid time and date stamp, they seem
                > to be accepted and plotted to my G6 map.
                > So the question must be directed to Scott: Can You add time- and date-
                > stamps to the packets in "PROPWPT on" mode? (Not as now: 00000 ZERO).
                > This seems to be the only solution to work the OT2 with the G6.
                > (With the correct symbols on the map).

                Sorry for the late response - do you know the correct timestamp format?
                I don't have a lot of valid sample data handy to work with.