T2-301 & Tracker2 config

  • BigMan
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23 2:33 PM
      Hi,

      After waiting for weeks and weeks I finally have the T2-301 with the integrated tracker2. I can't for the life of me get my packets digi'd. I have a number of other trackers and they are working fine. This one I have tuned audio level from low to high for hours and it just won't work.

      To my ears it sounds ok but I'm really left with wondering if there's something wrong with the radio. Are these Chinese radios any good? I see that I can't even view the programming with the included cable...I'd have to build something special.

      Any ideas?
    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 7 , May 24 6:09 AM
        The TX level was set for the radio. It doesn't mean it can't be adjusted but it shouldn't have needed it. that goes for the TX delay as well.

        How are you testing? Where are you testing? What is the call sign you are using? All of this will help us help you.

        Since I do not have an extra outside antenna on my vehicle, I am using a long HT antenna inside. Performance is less than good, but I expect it. I am using power from the vehicle for the best power output but inside the vehicle is one of the worst placing to use it. Outside is much better even with a lower voltage power source.

        The only issue I have seen is the PCBs inside had worked apart. I am guessing it happened during shipping since I do not believe Scott would ship a non-functional unit. Pull off the cover and press them back together if necessary.

        Best regards,
        Fred, N7FMH

        After waiting for weeks and weeks I finally have the T2-301 with the integrated tracker2. I can't for the life of me get my packets digi'd. I have a number of other trackers and they are working fine. This one I have tuned audio level from low to high for hours and it just won't work.

        To my ears it sounds ok but I'm really left with wondering if there's something wrong with the radio. Are these Chinese radios any good? I see that I can't even view the programming with the included cable...I'd have to build something special.

        Any ideas?

      • Don
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24 11:09 AM
          I'll post my config as I was having issues also (search for my other post). I think I've got it right now.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "BigMan" <wilson.dd@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > After waiting for weeks and weeks I finally have the T2-301 with the integrated tracker2. I can't for the life of me get my packets digi'd. I have a number of other trackers and they are working fine. This one I have tuned audio level from low to high for hours and it just won't work.
          >
          > To my ears it sounds ok but I'm really left with wondering if there's something wrong with the radio. Are these Chinese radios any good? I see that I can't even view the programming with the included cable...I'd have to build something special.
          >
          > Any ideas?

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 7 , May 24 12:53 PM
            "BigMan" (callsign?????) wrote...

            > I finally have the T2-301 with the integrated tracker2. I can't for the life
            > of me get my packets digi'd.

            Without a callsign, we can't even see if the T2-301 has been heard by an
            iGate. I did some digging. Is the callsign VE4DDW? If so, what SSID is
            the T2-301 using? What digi path is it using? If it isn't near where your
            other stations are operating, what is the approximate lat / long so we can
            look at the digis / iGates around it?

            As Scott (the other one!) mentioned, transmit delay, path and frequency
            could be factors.

            > I see that I can't even view the programming with the included cable...
            > I'd have to build something special.

            Are you referring to the programming cable meant for the FC-301/D? It
            can't be used with a T2-301. In the T2-301, the frequencies are programmed
            with otwincfg.exe.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • BigMan
            Message 5 of 7 , May 24 1:53 PM
              Hi,

              I run my own digi, with UI-View so I am monitoring the terminal for local traffic. I can't get the T2-301 to be received by my station. I even tried it with my beam to see if I could hit another digi in the area with no luck. I have 6 other trackers (combo of Argent and TinyTrak) and they are all good.

              The audio must be off too much. The levels seem o.k. but I think the actually tones are off a bit too much.

              I've tried TX Delay from 160 to 800 in increments, and just about every level of Audio from nothing to way over modulated. Same SSID and path as another tracker I have (no, not currently in service).

              > "BigMan" (callsign?????) wrote...
              >
              > > I finally have the T2-301 with the integrated tracker2. I can't for the life
              > > of me get my packets digi'd.
              >
              > Without a callsign, we can't even see if the T2-301 has been heard by an
              > iGate. I did some digging. Is the callsign VE4DDW? If so, what SSID is
              > the T2-301 using? What digi path is it using? If it isn't near where your
              > other stations are operating, what is the approximate lat / long so we can
              > look at the digis / iGates around it?
              >
              > As Scott (the other one!) mentioned, transmit delay, path and frequency
              > could be factors.
              >
              > > I see that I can't even view the programming with the included cable...
              > > I'd have to build something special.
              >
              > Are you referring to the programming cable meant for the FC-301/D? It
              > can't be used with a T2-301. In the T2-301, the frequencies are programmed
              > with otwincfg.exe.
              >
              > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 7 , May 24 5:21 PM
                BigMan (VE4DDW?) wrote...

                > I run my own digi, with UI-View so I am monitoring the terminal for
                > local traffic. I can't get the T2-301 to be received by my station. I even
                > tried it with my beam to see if I could hit another digi in the area with
                > no luck. I have 6 other trackers (combo of Argent and TinyTrak) and
                > they are all good. The audio must be off too much. The levels seem o.k.
                > but I think the actually tones are off a bit too much.

                Presumably UI-View is displaying other stations. Are you using a
                hardware or software TNC with it? Of course, both should work.
                I'm not sure how to interpet "the levels seem OK" along with "I
                think the tones are off a bit too much". Try setting the level about
                half way up the slider if you are using otwincfg.exe to set the levels
                as opposed to using a terminal program.

                > I've tried TX Delay from 160 to 800 in increments, and just about
                > every level of Audio from nothing to way over modulated. Same
                > SSID and path as another tracker I have (no, not currently in service).

                I've had success with well under 100 ms TXdelay, but typically use
                125-150 ms. While I get decoded with the slider at the top in otwincfg.exe
                I usually set it about half way up the slider with a very good success
                rate.

                What is the callsign-SSID in the T2-301? Is it active and beaconing now?
                Do you have a manual position entered, or is there a GPS connected?
                What is the callsign-SSID of the iGate?

                You could try uploading the configuration file with the settings to the
                files area.

                73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
              • Dean McCollom
                Message 7 of 7 , May 26 9:23 AM