T2-301

  • curtisbidulock
    Message 1 of 31 , May 5, 2011
      I have tried getting in touch with Scott via email but he has been down with the flu and might be a little behind. Will try asking hear to see what I should do.

      I purchased a T2-301 about a month ago and it worked well for about 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden it stopped decoding packets. I swapped in another working OT2/FT1500 on the same antenna/power connections and verified that this unit was working. The T2-301 will still beacon and I can see the digi'd packets and all other packets appear with the green receive light. However when in console I do not see anything decode and then of course nothing will show up through KISS/APRSIS32 or GARMIN/Nuvi 350. I have inspected the drop in T2 board and it appears to be sitting ok on the pins. I was thinking perhaps it wasn't getting any audio from the radio portion of the unit.

      I even tried reloading the firmware and starting with a blank configuration, but still no go on decoding.

      I am stumped and am prepared to ship the unit back to Scott for inspection.

      Anyone else encounter this with their 301? Any other tips on things to try.
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 9, 2012
        I always disable SmartBeaconing for testing - it makes things a lot
        clearer when you're looking at the logs.

        Scott