Re: [tracker2] Free T2-301, GPS and more for someone in the Arkansas area

  • kd4dra
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2011
      Do you have a last transmission report that is one at 96000 feet

      Rick
      KD4DRA

      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2011
        Yes, if you see the info at http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/ there is quite a bit more info. Here is a copy of the full APRS link to the data for convenience:

        http://aprs.fi/?call=a%2FKF5JSJ-1&dt=1304380800&mt=roadmap&z=16&timerange=3600

        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2011
          On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM, pb648174 <yahoo@...> wrote:

          > Yes, if you see the info at http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/ there
          > is quite a bit more info.

          You'll probably find it a little closer to Highway 29 if the ground
          winds were consistent with the launch location. The landing area was
          quite a distance from the launch area, so there could be quite a
          difference in the lower winds.

          Looks like you had a lot of problems with the GPS lock as well as the
          low fill volume...

          Anyone want to wander around a pasture near Hanna, AB? There's a
          Pocket Tracker of mine laying out there as well... 4 hours drive from
          home that the recovery crew couldn't find.

        • pb648174
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2011
            I suspect it is closer to 29 as well, just given the 10 previous beacons. It was traveling east and then started to curve west so I think it was probably continuing in that direction, possibly even on the west side of 29.

            I posted on a few geocaching sites hoping those folks might want to take up the adventure (no bites yet though). Most of the states have a dedicated site so you could try on the Alabama one.