Re: [tracker2] Free T2-301, GPS and more for someone in the Arkansas area

    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2011
      There's probably one still out in the Mojave, too - I know pretty much
      where it has to be, but it's not worth the drive. And it's been out
      there a while now.

      Scott

      On 5/4/2011 10:03 AM, pb648174 wrote:
      > I sent up a balloon payload that came down and stopped functioning in
      > the area south of Lewisville, Arkansas yesterday. The T2-301 was
      > functioning beautifully until it hit the ground so no guarantees on its
      > current state. :)
      >
      > Below is a link with more details and my best guess about where it
      > currently resides if you want to try and find it. I just want the SD
      > cards from the phone and micro controller in the box...
      >
      > http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/

    • kd4dra
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2011
        Do you have a last transmission report that is one at 96000 feet

        Rick
        KD4DRA

        There's probably one still out in the Mojave, too - I know pretty much
        where it has to be, but it's not worth the drive.  And it's been out
        there a while now.

        Scott

        On 5/4/2011 10:03 AM, pb648174 wrote:
        > I sent up a balloon payload that came down and stopped functioning in
        > the area south of Lewisville, Arkansas yesterday. The T2-301 was
        > functioning beautifully until it hit the ground so no guarantees on its
        > current state. :)
        >
        > Below is a link with more details and my best guess about where it
        > currently resides if you want to try and find it. I just want the SD
        > cards from the phone and micro controller in the box...
        >
        > http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • pb648174
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2011
          Yes, if you see the info at http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/ there is quite a bit more info. Here is a copy of the full APRS link to the data for convenience:

          http://aprs.fi/?call=a%2FKF5JSJ-1&dt=1304380800&mt=roadmap&z=16&timerange=3600

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2011
            On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM, pb648174 <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > Yes, if you see the info at http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/3166/ there
            > is quite a bit more info.

            You'll probably find it a little closer to Highway 29 if the ground
            winds were consistent with the launch location. The landing area was
            quite a distance from the launch area, so there could be quite a
            difference in the lower winds.

            Looks like you had a lot of problems with the GPS lock as well as the
            low fill volume...

            Anyone want to wander around a pasture near Hanna, AB? There's a
            Pocket Tracker of mine laying out there as well... 4 hours drive from
            home that the recovery crew couldn't find.

          • pb648174
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2011
              I suspect it is closer to 29 as well, just given the 10 previous beacons. It was traveling east and then started to curve west so I think it was probably continuing in that direction, possibly even on the west side of 29.

              I posted on a few geocaching sites hoping those folks might want to take up the adventure (no bites yet though). Most of the states have a dedicated site so you could try on the Alabama one.