Re: [tracker2] Re: T2 - INOP after Loading from file

  • Gary Sanders
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 26, 2011
      Hi Larry,

      Actually, I tried swapping out the entire computer system: Computer, 2
      different brands of USB to serial adapters (both of which can normally
      configure the T2 without difficulty) in addition to the built in serial
      port on one of the machines, and at least three different USB cables.

      And I've tried three different bench power supplies to power the T2.

      All of the computers, cables, adapters etc., have been used at one time
      or another to successfully configure the T2. But not anymore. It just
      doesn't want to cooperate.

      I think I've run out of things to swap out....

      And I know I've run out of ideas.

      Any other thoughts?

      Gary Sanders WB0BZR

      On 4/26/2011 1:20 PM, k7ybz wrote:
      > Gary,
      >
      > Scott Miller has been online with two recent posts, but in the
      > meantime, you did not mention changing out your serial cable between
      > the OT2 to the computer or USB adapter.
      >
      > Larry K7YBZ
    • k7ybz
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 26, 2011
        Gary,

        > Any other thoughts?

        The only other thought I have is to remove the board from inside the case and take a very close look at the solder joints at the serial connector. It is possible that working the socket has broken a connection. For that matter, just check the entire board under a magnifying glass.

        Larry
        K7YBZ
      • Gary Sanders
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 26, 2011
          I'll give that a try.

          Thanks,

          Gary Sanders WB0BZR

          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 4:18 PM
            Hi Gary,

            I'm finally mostly over the flu and getting caught up with email. If I
            haven't sent you an RMA number yet, email me off-list and I'll get that
            going.

            Thanks,

            Scott

          • Gary Sanders
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1 7:49 PM
              Hi Scott...

              Isn't the flu fun :).

              I can think of any number of better ways to spend a few days.

              I sent you a message to support@....

              Thanks for your assistance,

              Gary Sanders WB0BZR