Re: [tracker2] Firmware build 54030

  • wa2ysm
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28 5:33 PM
      Scott:
      1) My problem on the temp sensor. I installed it backwards, my glasses
      must have been dirty -- shame on me. I think I fried it because it now
      produces 1.5 v at room temp. I'll order a fresh one in my next batch of
      stuff.
      2) Can't help you on this one. If the command is there to set temp
      offset, I haven't found it in the command file -- maybe I just don't
      know what name to look for.
      3) I have a 4.7K resistor installed in the 2211 circuit (as R8). My
      board is a reasonably early B version. I have replaced the C1 cap which
      was .1 uf with a .01 cap. Decode is working much better. Can I use the
      CALIBRATE ALT function with the jumper set for loop back (JP1-2+3) as a
      50% duty cycle until I get a CD or some other source of audio. Maybe I
      should just use another TNC in calibrate mode as the data source -- I
      have TINY2's, AEA PK96's, and TAPR2 clones all of which produce
      alternating tones. A 'scope to observe is no problem for me. I will
      get a CD however when I can get around to it.
      -----
      (((
      I am having a bit of a problem setting the deviation level on the
      OpenTracker 1. What is the recommended method of keying it up to
      measure the deviation produced by the radio (HT, Mobile or whatever)? We
      are running several of these and some of them are not being decoded as
      reliably as I would like by TNC's with 2211's in them.
      )))

      Elmer