power control feature

  • richardc
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
      Can the commands for the power control feature only be sent from the Garmin connected to the tracker2, or can it be sent as message from any aprs station to the tracker2?
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        You can send it as an APRS message.

        Scott

      • RWCAN@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          So I assume you just prefix message with "--" to talk to the tracker2?

          Rich

          In a message dated 4/7/2011 9:45:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time, scott@... writes:
          You can send it as an APRS message.

          Scott

          On 4/7/2011 5:18 AM, richardc wrote:
          > Can the commands for the power control feature only be sent from the
          > Garmin connected to the tracker2, or can it be sent as message from any
          > aprs station to the tracker2?

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            The T2 will only respond to commands from people in the AUTH list though.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              Nope.

              Send a message to the callsign of the device with the command in the
              message preficed with cmd.

              cmd power on

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                Thanks, I did find info digging around Argent's website.
                I am not lazy, I guess I was just spoiled by complete pdf docs for my Byonics Tinytrack.

                Rich W0RWC

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                  Unless you add * to the authlist.

                  Scott

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                    On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM, <RWCAN@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks, I did find info digging around Argent's website.
                    > I am not lazy, I guess I was just spoiled by complete pdf docs for my Byonics Tinytrack.

                    The information is available in the T2 documentation, just just have
                    to look on the page that has the information (page 10 in this case).

                    Remote Access
                    Commands can be issued to the Tracker2 remotely via APRS messages. The
                    originating station’s callsign must appear in the device’s security
                    authorization
                    list (see AUTHLIST command.) Commands are prefixed with ‘CMD’, and the
                    results of the command, if any, will be send back as an APRS message to the
                    sending station.
                    For example, ‘CMD VERSION’, sent from an APRS client, will cause the target
                    device to reply with its firmware version.

                    And on page 11, it talks about the Garmin FMI interface and how you
                    use -- to send a command to the T2 from the Nuvi.

                    You were close, which showed you had some idea what was going on...
                    Just a little speed bump to get over.

                  • RWCAN@AOL.COM
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 8, 2011
                      Thanks, have it all working now.