Tracker 2 Cannot open serial port

  • w7rik
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
      I am trying to set-up the Tracker 2. I was in the otwincfg program I
      clicked on the write button and I got a message saying cannot erase a
      memory location. Then I got a message saying I could not connect to the
      serial port. Now I cannot connect the Tracker 2 to the serial port on
      the computer at all I have tried to reset the Tracker 2 by checking the
      Erase device and load new firmware box and the Disable Turbo Box and
      applying power after I push the connect button.
      After all of the above I have successfully connected an open tracker +
      to the same serial port on the computer with no problems.
      HELP!
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
        Hi,

        Can you check the voltage regulator (U8 I think) on the right side of
        the board and make sure the big tab is soldered down? We had a few of
        those come through in the last batch that didn't get soldered well and
        the ground tab pops loose. A few seconds with a soldering iron should
        fix it, or you can send it back here and we'll check it out.

        Scott

        On 4/6/2011 10:04 AM, w7rik wrote:
        > I am trying to set-up the Tracker 2. I was in the otwincfg program I
        > clicked on the write button and I got a message saying cannot erase a
        > memory location. Then I got a message saying I could not connect to the
        > serial port. Now I cannot connect the Tracker 2 to the serial port on
        > the computer at all I have tried to reset the Tracker 2 by checking the
        > Erase device and load new firmware box and the Disable Turbo Box and
        > applying power after I push the connect button.
        > After all of the above I have successfully connected an open tracker +
        > to the same serial port on the computer with no problems.
        > HELP!

      • Richard Morrison
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2011
          Scott,

          I put a little solder on the tab of U8 and was very persistent with otwincfg, and reloaded the firmware. The Tracker seems to be working fine now.

          Thanks for your help

          Can you check the voltage regulator (U8 I think) on the right side of
          the board and make sure the big tab is soldered down?  We had a few of
          those come through in the last batch that didn't get soldered well and
          the ground tab pops loose.  A few seconds with a soldering iron should
          fix it, or you can send it back here and we'll check it out.

          Scott

          On 4/6/2011 10:04 AM, w7rik wrote:
          > I am trying to set-up the Tracker 2. I was in the otwincfg program I
          > clicked on the write button and I got a message saying cannot erase a
          > memory location. Then I got a message saying I could not connect to the
          > serial port. Now I cannot connect the Tracker 2 to the serial port on
          > the computer at all I have tried to reset the Tracker 2 by checking the
          > Erase device and load new firmware box and the Disable Turbo Box and
          > applying power after I push the connect button.
          > After all of the above I have successfully connected an open tracker +
          > to the same serial port on the computer with no problems.
          > HELP!

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: