Re: High speeds when parked

  • offtracks1
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2011

      > If you're using it with a Garmin - it has to send a start command to get
      > data from the unit, so it can't automatically detect it.
      >
      > Scott

      The GPS is the one you sell. The ADS-GM1.

      It the pasted I used the Garmin Nuvi 350 and seems like I never got the crazy speeds.
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 8, 2011
        Scott N1VG wrote...

        > So you get the bogus speeds with only the NMEA GPS connected?

        As I mentioned, only the NMEA is currently connected.

        > You don't need "don't require..." with the autosave option. Once it
        > autosaves a position, it's in fixed position mode until it gets a new fix.

        I turned TXNOFIX OFF a few days ago. Looking at your message, I
        should have turned AUTOSAVE off! I hadn't seen any "high speeds
        while parked" for the last 3-4 days, but I did catch it going 942 kmh
        this morning. I'll turn AUTOSAVE off and watch it for a bit longer.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH