Re: [tracker2] High speeds when parked

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2011
      Scott N1VG wrote...

      > So you get the bogus speeds with only the NMEA GPS connected?

      Yes, that is correct.

      > You don't need "don't require..." with the autosave option. Once it
      > autosaves a position, it's in fixed position mode until it gets a new fix.

      Thanks for the info. I just turned TXNOFIX OFF remotely. The current
      speed (parked) is 941.9 kmh. It shows 0 kmh most of the time while
      stationary, but several times a day, it shows fantastic speeds.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2011
        > Should I have port A set to Garmin maybe?

        If you're using it with a Garmin - it has to send a start command to get
        data from the unit, so it can't automatically detect it.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2011
          Ah - maybe there's some sort of weirdness with the autosave function, then.

          Scott

          On 4/4/2011 8:40 PM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
          > Scott N1VG wrote...
          >
          >> So you get the bogus speeds with only the NMEA GPS connected?
          >
          > Yes, that is correct.
          >
          >> You don't need "don't require..." with the autosave option. Once it
          >> autosaves a position, it's in fixed position mode until it gets a new fix.
          >
          > Thanks for the info. I just turned TXNOFIX OFF remotely. The current
          > speed (parked) is 941.9 kmh. It shows 0 kmh most of the time while
          > stationary, but several times a day, it shows fantastic speeds.
          >
          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2011
            Scott N1VG wrote...

            > So you get the bogus speeds with only the NMEA GPS connected?

            As I mentioned, only the NMEA is currently connected.

            > You don't need "don't require..." with the autosave option. Once it
            > autosaves a position, it's in fixed position mode until it gets a new fix.

            I turned TXNOFIX OFF a few days ago. Looking at your message, I
            should have turned AUTOSAVE off! I hadn't seen any "high speeds
            while parked" for the last 3-4 days, but I did catch it going 942 kmh
            this morning. I'll turn AUTOSAVE off and watch it for a bit longer.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH